? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, October 26, 2009

GOD is my Refuge

By Rose Molefe

I was born in 1988 at Diepkloof Clinic in Soweto, Johannesburg, born bread and buttered in that city. My childhood was spent in the two townships my parents each call home, Sharpeville for dad and Soweto for mum, which means both for me.

Along the way, on the journey to adulthood, I went astray and created an abyss in between the reality of my purpose and the fallacy of my purpose. I lived in accordance to my own dreams and desires, and forgot that God created me in His likeness so that I may be like Him. He sent His only son to die on the cross for you and I and His son gave His life.

All my life I have been looking for someone to give me their smile, hug, love, heart, joy or anything that shows compassion and I had forgotten that all these feelings and emotions were created by God. How did I doubt that I had these, when my Father created them? We all know that “Doubt is the absence of certainty”, or better yet, it’s the absence of Faith.

I doubted that I have the fruits of the spirit built in me; I doubted that I could be forgiven, restored and made whole again.
How did I forget that a Man in Heaven was thoughtful enough of me to give me His son as a sacrifice?

Why did I seek so hard for love, when God is Love? Why did I seek for joy in another man on earth when the Joy of the Lord is my strength? My vision became blurred with the waterfall of joy that flowed from my eyes when I realised that in Christ I have a bolt hole and not an abyss.

I think many times we forget where we stand with Christ, and are not aware what an abyss it creates. If you know your place in Him, no weapon formed against you shall prosper.

0 comments: