? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, September 28, 2009

My Mission

WARNING! This blog came about as part of a journalism course assignment which we had to produce. Now that that is all said and done, Hello hi...Welcome to Tree Pants. My name is Duduzile Nonkululeko Hlatshwayo and i compiled this blog with four other Rhodes University journalism students - we are the new cool kids on the block when it comes to blogging.
Tree Pants is a blog written by smart, fact seekers, and not by conceited Mr and Miss know-it-alls. It's a blog which will uncover everyday stories; most stories will let us say things we cannot say out loud in society. Yes we will be know as critics, but critics who always write posts of unwavering honesty. The key insight to Tree Pants is that our published posts will not be influential on their own; the influence will come from the connections and dialogues from guests which will take the posted stories and make them into usable knowledge.
What i know for sure is that as a blogger i am going to use this space to express myself on all kinds of levels. I will be writing about everything, mostly about what i feel needs to be heard. The big difference between I as a blogger and other bloggers is that I know that sometimes the reader might actually know more than I do, their commentary will be appreciated.
My wish is that this blog becomes a place for conversation and exchange of ideas. I want to hoist the flag up high on our blog, to make unconscious issues and stories into news headlines that bring about consciousness. For people to become more human real news must be made visible. It's about time we removed the masquerade of what people think "real news" is and start talking about REAL news. I plan on doing that on this blog, instead of covering mainstream stories that affect the majority; that's just pure ignorance.
So many captivating people and imperative things are happening in the world. As a student journalist I want to welcome other student journalists, bloggers and any other individuals' world wide, to come and find out more about everyday issues. About people who I have crossed paths with (sometimes even through a book I've read or music I've listened to). Personally I want to see if I have what it takes to be a great writer. What better way is there if it isn't through writing about real stories and inviting all of you to share your opinion and stories which are worthy of being heard. Come with me let's begin our already existing life changing journey, only this time let's blog about it!
Love, Peace and Vegetables

1 comments:

Kait said...

Sweet post. I do Journ and I agree with your general thoughts:) Keep up the cool posts.